Friday, September 14, 2007

Keep on Growing

It's already cold here, and I'm upset with the fact that I can no longer just throw on a t-shirt and my exhausted jeans. I'm sure it will still be hot in Texas when I'm back from Christmas break (ha!).

Classes are going pretty well, I'm actually enjoying being at school. Hopefully that will last. In my aggregate and cementitious labs, we've been doing a lot of tests that have been pretty interesting. Last week we did some viscosity and density tests on some compound mixtures we made. This week we worked with silicates and will be testing compression. Our first exam is next Friday, I'm really looking forward to it. The math work I've been doing has been really encouraging, my comfort level will my mathematics abilities has really improved over the last year or two. My trig professor recommended that I take his strength of materials course next year, I think that might be fun.

I made roasted garlic and grilled pepper hummus yesterday, it turned out to be delicious. I put it on tortillas with some fresh tomatoes the neighbor gave me from his garden. I think tonight I may cook some eggplant.

I'm thinking about performing at a book reading next month at the public library. They are looking for local musicians to perform at the beginning of the reading. I want to see if anyone will do some Mississippi John Hurt with me.

If anyone is interested in playing dominoes with me on Yahoo, please let me know.

Well I'm off to walk Papi.

Photo: Papi.

Paz.

No comments: